Farming in Nigeria has taken a dramatic turn to a better direction in recent years, creating jobs and opportunities for entrepreneurs who dare to go into farming business. Millionaires are currently being made every year through farming in Nigeria and there is certainly no end to the prospects of creating more wealth through farming in the coming years.
There are good reasons why farming in Nigeria is doing very well. Understanding these reasons will help you (no matter where you come from) to think seriously about setting up farm in Nigeria.
1) There is no any other African country where Farming is as viable as it is in Nigeria in terms of productivity and profitability.
2) There is no other country where farmers are more advantaged as they are in Nigeria as regards demands for the produce. Take a look at my top five reasons why you must start Farming in Nigeria now.
Why Farming In Nigeria?
(1) Nigeria has a huge population of over 200 million people, twice more than the populations of Zimbabwe and South Africa combined. The entire population of Nigeria depends on staple foods produced from farms and other farm produces for their daily meals and sustenance. More than 80 percent of Nigerians buy their farm produce from the market.
(2) Nigeria has large expanses of fertile farmlands laying fallow across the nation. Nigerian land area when measured in sq km is about 910,770. The land area of any country is the country’s total area, excluding areas that are considered to be water bodies. So, Nigeria has one of the biggest expanse of Land in Africa of which 70 percent is available for farming.
(3) Nigerian Government is seriously turning its attention to promoting farming in Nigeria to help boost food productions in the country and minimize food importation. The government is willing to assist any would be farming entrepreneur/investors with the necessary supports and logistics.
(4) Nigerians boasts the highest purchasing power in Africa, far more than any other indigenous Africans. We buy things here and we pay cash. Talk about parties, Nigeria is the most merriment people on earth. The food used for parties and merriment in Nigeria can feed four other African countries.
(5) By the time Nigeria attain its full capacity utilization is agriculture, farming will become great foreign currency earner more than the oil. The implication is that Nigerian farmers will be able to earn in Naira and in Dollars as well as other foreign currencies.
Drop us a comment and let us know what you think.