On Monday 18 November, 2019 MAIS (Mechanized Agric Investment Services) Consortium and Accer Points Consolidated Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the purposes of collaboration with regard to the AgroDomain Marketplace Platform.
This MoU, defines the framework for future cooperation between MAIS Consortium and Accer Points. The agreement will contribute to increased commercial relations and investments between Accer Points and MAIS Consortium and provide opportunities for smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
The high-points of the MOU signed are;
- AgroDomain.com will serve as the Transactional Platform for Nigeria Agricultural and Media Cooperative Federation of Federations (NAMCOFF – A member of MAIS Consortium) consisting of over 5000 Cooperative Federations with over 300,000 members.
- MAIS to act as funding Off-taker via its Afri-insured Fund for qualified Farm Project Applications on AgroDomain Platform.
- MAIS to Off-take Products from NAMCOFF Cooperative Members on the AgroDomain Platform.
- AgroDomain to optimize the listing and marketing of all brands associated with MAIS Consortium on the Platform.
- AgroDomain to provide a robust and secure trading and agricultural marketplace platform for the benefits of MAIS Consortium member’s Cooperative Federations.
- AgroDomain to provide a robust and secure Investment & Transaction Platform for MAIS AssuredInvest Fund.
- AgroDomain to advertise to all its users on the Platform, the various brands of farm produce, inputs, machinery, investments and funding services and other related products associated with MAIS Consortium.
Farmers are hereby enjoined to take advantage of this agreement to enlist their farm project funding request as well as join NAMCOOF Cooperative on the AgroDomain Platform.
This also is an opportunity for farmers to enlist their products including, crops, livestock, farm inputs, chemicals, seeds, fertilizers, farm machinery and equipment on the AgroDomain Platform.