Online marketplaces allow you to sell goods without setting up your own online store. Selling through online marketplaces provides a flexible business opportunity with relatively low start-up costs. Amazon and eBay are examples of well-established marketplaces.
The potential advantages to be gained by joining an online marketplace will vary between industries and businesses, and indeed between buyers and sellers.
Advantages of Online Marketplaces for your Business
Some of the potential benefits are summarized below:
- It provides an additional channel to market and sell your products
- The platform offers reduced marketing costs compared to other sales channels
- It allows new opportunities for overseas sales – there has been noted online marketplace growth in the categories of homeware, pets, fashion and sporting goods
- They are popular with customers and offer a convenient way to compare prices and products from a single source
- Being part of an established online marketplace provides a level of trust between you and the buyer
- Impartial reviews of your products and service may give new customers the confidence to buy
- They offer opportunities to establish new trading partnerships with traders and suppliers, either within your supply chain or across supply chains
- They provide greater transparency – availability, prices and stock levels are accessible in an open environment
- It is possible to operate a round-the-clock – time constraints and problems with varying international trading hours are removed.
The king of the African marketplace is and has always been farm products. In this truth, there is an opportunity to take agro-products out of the constraints of traditional markets and into the possibilities of the digital marketplace, to give millions of farmers the opportunity to reach a bigger market.
AgroDomain boldly takes on this challenge of bridging the gap between the supply and demand of Agro Products within African communities and indeed the African market. Our online marketplace has numerous amounts of buyers and sellers who connect with each other and build a wide network thereby creating more options for both. Expanding the network thus helps them with their business opportunities.
AgroDomain Marketplace does not buy or sell crops and is not a broker. Instead, we offer you the ability to effortlessly market your farm produce via our platform.